A blogger wants his work to be read and appreciated. For this, you provide readers what they are looking for, and we assure you success! Focus on the right content before reaching out to the public. Keep it beautiful and crisp. And with this, you would be noticed by professionals and students visiting our site. Thus, stage is all yours at our portal.
Sign up and Show the world that you can pen down your emotions/ideas and make a difference !
So here we have the admission season at its peak again and the aspirants out there are all jumpy about the new life they are about to begin. Well, it's pretty normal to have those jitters right before you start with something as important as ‘college life’. To be honest, most of us have been through such situations in life. Initially, it’s the 10+2 result that haunts us, and then the college admissions. But guess what..? Here we are, ready to help you with those jitters and bring to you 13 ways to make it a smooth ride.
1. Do your research: In this age of technology where information is just a click away, it isn’t very difficult for us to know about the most random things out there.
So why not make our research worth our time and start ‘googling’ about something that’s going to help us. Not only for the purpose of admissions but for anything new that you are going to start, it's always advisable to be well equipped with knowledge about that particular subject to. Also, It makes it so much easier to make decisions. Doesn’t it?
2. Make a list: Considering all the factors that are needed for admissions, make a list of colleges that you want to target. Look into all the colleges that offer your course and make the list from top most priority to the least. This way you will have a clear vision of what you want and what not.
3. Know about them: It is very important to know the pros and cons of attending a particular college. The course, the faculty, atmosphere, surroundings, campus facilities, you should be well aware of these to select one amongst the list.
4. Be organized: Pre- Admission stress is often very normal amongst the students and also their parents, thus it is always advisable to be organized enough to easily go through the process. Always have your documents handy. Make sure you have checked the list of the documents needed for admission. (You won’t want your admission to be delayed just because you didn’t have a certain document.)
5. Be on time: Trust me, I know how those few minutes of sleep matter to a student ;) But you surely can’t take such a chance during your admissions. Never rush in last minute for the admission procedure. Always reach on time. You will have an edge over the other students which could save you a lot of time to sleep later. Win-win! ;)
6. Take the lead: Remember, it’s time for you to stand up for yourself in the tough world out there? Start doing it right now. Take charge of creating your list, of arranging visits and interviews (and then do the talking), and of reaching out to the admissions office with questions on your own. It's time to give your parents some time to rest. “Life begins when you step out of your comfort zone.” And now is the time to do it.
7. Be Attentive : There could be a lot of things going on in your mind when you have to wait for those “oh so scary” admission results but make sure that you are regularly checking updates from colleges. Most of these updates are nowadays available easily over the net. Be attentive for updates like fee payment, orientations, class schedules and more.
8. Communicate: One of the biggest mistakes we are making these days is not communicating our feelings with anyone. Make sure to share things with someone close to you to be free of stress. Talk it out guys, talk it out !
9. Orientations: Every college has an orientation procedure where the students are guided about the course, the first meeting with the professors and of course your new batch mates. Make the best out of these, clear all your doubts and take campus tours. Have a good talk with the people around you. This will make you know your surrounding better and open up to the new world.
10. The first Week: Generally you won’t even know where time flies once you start with the classes. But be active from the start and take part in club meetings and activities that happen in the first couple of weeks. Don’t let your excitement about the new life rise to high. “Fun is ‘fun’ in limits”. Make sure to be attentive about the academics as well.
11. Talk to your seniors : You know how they say experience matters? Well, be it a year more than you or 10 long years of experience, anyone who is currently in the field can surely give you a great advice about your said field. And can also be really helpful. So, always watch out for your seniors when you need some help, be it getting along with a professor, or their assignments. This way even they will feel that you’re making an effort to get along with them.
12. Acknowledge yourself: A few odds here and there are quite normal in the beginning, you might feel out of place but don’t let your moral down. Start the journey with a happy face. Have faith in yourself.
13. Make the most of your College Life: “College life is that part of your life that you are going to relive your memories till you breathe”. Remember, your college experience is what you make it. No matter what college you get into, it's in your hands to make it one of the best experiences of your life. Keep an open mind from the start and try to remain open to all new experiences and possibilities.
I remember how freaked out I was on my first day of college, this whole new place, around new people. I hardly knew what to do and thought to myself “how will I spend three years of my life in this weird place?” But honestly, it didn’t take me long to realize that every student out there felt the same way as I did. And today here I am, I have a reason to get up every morning and gear up for a new day at college. At the end of the day, I know whether or not I do something productive, I will surely end up learning something new every day and each moment of my college life will add up to my ‘book of memories’.
So why don’t YOU make your memories? Go ahead guys, grab as many opportunities as you can cause these years of college life won’t come back.
To know more about what are the criterias you should set for choosing an ideal college , click here.
Be positive. Be happy. Good Luck Peeps!
Do leave your comments below to let us know how you made it through the first day of your college ?