Mohan works as a full-time employee in a corporate organization. He has a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Information Technology (IT) sector. Mohan has been working in this company for 2 years. He could not visit his native place during the vacations to undergo corporate training. His mother is furious to learn about this and Mohan tries to explain to his mother the importance of corporate training and development for him and his job.
Many private and public organizations are implementing full-fledged corporate training for employees of different departments that suits their job profile. Training is a method of utilizing human resources (for an organization, its staff) to its full potential.
Over a few years, HRs have recognized the importance of corporate training. Human resource managers opt for dedicated corporate training of employees. It gives them a better understanding of their work and can achieve professionals goals.
Corporate Training Importance: An Overview
The importance of corporate training is immense. Training offers a professional advantage to its working employees. Through training, the organization aims at retaining its talent pool which benefits the organization in the long run. The training adds individual objectives with organizational objectives.
Every organization seeks to achieve its objectives through employees. If employees keep organizational objectives at top priority then only the organization can flourish as well as the employee. This would happen mainly when the employees are kept happy and content.
Do you know how to keep employees happy?
Importance of corporate training
Training promotes cooperation and not conflict between the employees. Training provides cooperation by enhancing skills like leadership, communication. As employees work and interact with each other during the long training sessions, the inter-personal trust, cooperation, support is high.
By investing in corporate training, the organization instills the above qualities in an employee who works for the organization’s growth. Conflict, lack of trust, the individual interest of the highest regard does not allow the organization to function smoothly and thus cause failures for the organization.
Training ensures organizational competence allowing employees to apply skill, tools towards effective performance in response to a situation. Corporate training instills values of learning, decision making, creativity, openness, proactive approach in an employee. These are professional values that an employee must-have.
3. Skilled workforce
In today’s competitive business environment, organizations are thriving on the importance of corporate training. Training and development of the working force are critical to the success of an organization. Training programs done by organizations for various reasons such as to seek a competitive edge, improve performance, etc. All these are done by honing the skills of their workforce. After all, a skilled workforce is what turns complex scenes to opportunities in simple user-centric ways.
Challenges in Corporate Training
Training is a huge responsibility for both the organization and employees. The organization needs to have good trainers and well-executed training programs that provide usefulness to the employees. In addition to that, you need motivated employees who do not have resistance to change to undergo training sessions. Everyone has their own opinion on the efficacy of the training.
This makes training a challenging job. Training of employees is not that easy. Trainer or a group of trainer needs to make sure that they conduct smooth, effective training workshops.
Few tips for effective training
- Firstly, know your audience you are going to train. Their demographics, capabilities, personalities and any other information as a trainer you need. Secondly, know the material that you will be used for training the employees.
2. Let your audience know you well. To achieve this make a friendly connection with them. So that they do not feel awkward being trained by you. Also, make sure that the audience understands the importance of corporate training.
3. Engage them in the training process. Have an interactive session. In this way, you will able to know their weaknesses and strengths. Employees will also have communication amongst themselves.
4. Also, keep assistance that can guide the employees during the training workshops. The other employees should not be disturbed and the workshop is effective.
5. Provide pre-recorded workshop materials as a takeaway, CDS, reading materials, etc. So the employees can go through what is being taught to them and revise.
6. Feedback is important for improvement. So, Distribute feedback forms. Ask for constructive feedback to improve your training sessions further.
Mohan: This is the reason I am not coming home. This training is important for my growth and promotion. Also for my organization to achieve the top position in the industry. I hope you understand the importance of corporate training.
Mother: I very well understand your job, position and the importance of this corporate training to you and your organization. Don’t worry. I am not sad. Instead I am happy.
Mohan: Thank you, Mother. I’m happy that you have understood the importance of corporate training and I will surely visit you after this training.