Do you know DA-100 Exam to become MS Power BI Professional?
A Data Analyst enables a business to maximize the value of data assets by using business analytics service such as Power BI. Being one of the most preferred business analytics tool – Do you wonder MS Power BI is for all professionals. They are also responsible for designing & building scalable data models, cleaning & transforming data & enabling advanced analytic capabilities that provide meaningful business value through easy comprehension of data visualizations.
There is a lot more to the importance of Business Intelligence tools and we would like you to learn about that too. Do you know the importance of business intelligence tools?
What is DA-100 Exam
DA-100 exam is for Data Analyst role & Data Analyst Associate certification by Microsoft.
This newly introduced exam has gone live on 9th April 2020. However, it is still in Beta phase as of now but you may take the exam, once completed and passed, the said certification will be automatically added to your account once it goes live.
The certificate has lifetime validity.
Skills required to prepare for the exam
- Prepare the data
- Model the data
- Visualize the data
- Analyze the data
- Deploy and maintain deliverables
Visit https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE4qbu6 for more details.
How to register for the DA-100 exam to attain the certificate
STEP 1 A): To gain certification, you need to schedule your DA – 100 exam by creating a Microsoft account or login if the account already exists at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/da-100. From your dashboard select “Schedule Exam”; the below window will appear:
STEP 1 B) (OPTIONAL): You can apply for an additional student discount by verifying your details. Your account will receive a confirmation email with a navigation link as shown below:
STEP 2: Further you can schedule your exam by selecting any of the following modes.
STEP 3: By clicking on the NEXT transaction portal will come up as shown below, the amount to be paid shown as Rs. 4800 (Rs. 5664 including tax):
Some pointers about DA-100 Exam to become MS Power BI Professional
1. PERFORM A SYSTEM TEST (Before Exam Day)
Perform a SYSTEM TEST from the same computer & the location you will be testing from on exam day: http://www.pearsonvue.com/microsoft/op.
Also, ensure you have administrative rights on the computer to be able to download the software.
It is advisable to register to take the exam at a testing center if your system does not meet the requirements as it may cause you to unavailability of exam & also no refund shall be rendered.
2. REVIEW ID POLICIES
Candidates are prepared to show a valid form of unexpired, Government-issued personal ID which must have the signature and his/her photo. Also, the name on the registration should match the name on the Government issued ID exactly.
3. START YOUR EXAM (Exam Day)
- Login: www.microsoft.com/learning
- Click “Dashboard” to view your appointments, & then choose “Start a previously scheduled online proctored exam.”
- Click on your exam under ‘Purchased Online Exams’
- Click “Begin” & proceed through the self-check-in process & wait for a Proctor to connect with you
4. RESCHEDULE POLICY
To reschedule your online proctored exam, you must contact Pearson VUE or access your online Pearson VUE account to reschedule your exam up until the scheduled start time of your appointment. Failure to reschedule before your appointment time or failure to appear for your appointment will result in the forfeiture of your exam fee.
5. CANCELLATION POLICY
There is no charge if you cancel an exam appointment at least 6 business days before your appointment. However, there is a fee of 12.5% for canceling your appointment 5 business days or less before your exam date.
If you fail to show up for your exam appointment (no-show) or do not cancel your appointment at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment, you will forfeit your entire exam fee.
You may cancel your appointment by calling the Pearson VUE call center, contacting the test center where your appointment is scheduled, or accessing the Microsoft Learning website & choosing the reschedule action. If you registered with accommodations, you must cancel through the call center.
6. EXAM RETAKE POLICY
1. If you fail in the exam for the first time, you must wait at least 24 hours before retaking the exam.
2. If you fail in the exam for the second time, you must wait at least 14 days before retaking the exam a third time.
3. A 14-day waiting period is also imposed for the fourth & fifth subsequent exam retakes.
4. A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year (12 months). The 12-month period starts the day of the 5th unsuccessful exam retakes. The candidate is then eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date.
5. To take an exam more than five times per year or to have the time between attempts waived, a candidate must submit a request & obtain prior permission from Microsoft. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests should include information like MCID, Name, Email, Exam Number.
6. If a candidate achieves a passing score on an exam, the candidate cannot take the exam again.
7. Right now, DA – 100 is in beta mode. Thus, you can take one beta exam during the beta period. If the candidate passes the exam, it can count towards credit for the certification. On failing, the candidate needs to retake the exam as per the above-mentioned policies.
If you still have more questions about DA-100 Exam to become MS Power BI Professional then please refer to the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-exam-policies.aspx for your concerns.
Note: Paid Mock papers for the preparation are available on various websites. There is no free source available for the same.
By the way, if you are still confused about why Power BI training is vital for your employees, go through our blog or write to us or give a comment below, we will connect to you soon.
LOOKING FOR TRAINING ON POWER BI? PLEASE CONNECT WITH US AT PARTNER@EDU4SURE.COM OR SIMPLY CALL US AT 95.5511.5533