What is Chemistry?
Chemistry is a branch of science dealing with substances of which matter is composed, the investigation of their properties and reactions and the use of such reaction to form new substances. We associate the pictures of molecules, atoms and test tubes with the word chemistry. Chemistry as a subject is more than just a study of chemicals, molecules, and atoms. It is known as the central science because it touches all other natural sciences like physics, biology, etc. But how to learn chemistry?
Chemistry- A physical science
Chemistry is a physical science, and it is the study of properties of the interaction between energy and matter. We can also say the chemistry is the way to study the properties, characteristics, physical and chemical changes of matter.
The matter is one word that is important in chemistry. It is often used while you study this subject and you must know what does it means. The matter is anything that has mass and takes up space. All of the stuff that makes up our world!
Chemistry is the study of atoms. Atoms are the building blocks of matter, as well as interactions between atoms.
Part of science stream
Chemistry is one of the important subjects of the Science stream. If you study science, you must be knowing the importance of chemistry subject in science. Science is incomplete without chemistry.
Chemistry is a practical as well as a theoretical subject. Both are equally important to know the subject well. You cannot perform practical until and unless you are clear about the theoretical concepts and you will also lack if you know the practical but do not have the theoretical background.
Both are interrelated to each other. For many, chemistry must be a boring subject and you might not be able to think of any reason behind studying the subject. To many, it does not have any practical usage in daily lives. But it is important. Chemistry has always been looked up as not so important subject and considered as an undeserving subject.
But it too has practical usage and application in our daily lives. If you understand how things work, you understand chemistry. Chemistry is a logical science. If you want to study and understand what chemists do, how they do, study chemistry.
There are different types of chemistry. Organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, electrochemistry, physical chemistry and a list of others. So decide first, which type of chemistry you wish to study, the purpose, relevance of that particular study, why only that particular type of chemistry only and what you intend to do in future after studying.
Its practical application and use. When you are clear about the answer to the above questions, proceed to the next step. Learn well about your type of chemistry and what all is there to study and study well. Learn and understand each concept, gain practical knowledge. Build your base and proceed further.
How to learn chemistry
- Know your subject well. It is important to know your subject well before you try to know its contents. Know what is chemistry, branches of chemistry, types and more information then try to learn its concepts.
- To learn chemistry, you must learn the periodic table of elements. The periodic table helps to organize the elements based on similar properties. Without this, you cannot learn chemistry.
- Chemistry as a subject requires a lot of “mugging” power. You need to learn the theoretical aspect very carefully. So it is most feared by students.
- You need a lot of mental strength. You not only require to just mug up things, but also the reason behind it. Without knowing the logic and just mugging up is of no use.
- Learn about various associated concepts like atoms, molecules, matter, chemical reactions, chemical equations, and everything. It should be on your fingertips and you should have a clear idea about all the concepts. It is useful in understanding chemistry.
- Gain practical knowledge: As said earlier, practical is also important in chemistry. You should know how to perform the various lab test, how to handle the test tubes, what all chemical reactions are there and all the practicality associated along with its theoretical knowledge of particular practical.
- Chemistry also has questions to solve. These questions require the understanding of chemical formulas and equations. These can be master only through practice. Do as much as you can. Also, practice the diagrams, they are a bit difficult. The position of atoms, molecules needs to be correct.
- Make a note of important formulas, and other concepts so that you can revise and refer to them when needed.
For any career counselling need, drop us an email at email@example.com / call at 95.5511.5533.