Finance is an essential domain of business management. It focuses on the dynamics of investment and risk.
While pursuing an MBA in finance, you can learn the following:
- Application of capital budget
- Making decisions
- Evaluating Assets
- Calculating internal rate of return
- Cash flow models
- And many more things
An MBA in finance facilitates setting and executing financial policies. Financial analysis tools, leveraged buyouts, and acquisitions are also covered in the MBA in finance.
Top Job Profiles after MBA in Finance
1. Corporate finance
It includes financial modeling and valuation.
A financial analyst is the top job profile for MBA finance students.
- Understanding of Accounting standards and policies
- Analyzing financial statements
- Performing ratio analysis in order to evaluate the performance
- Assessing the feasibility of models created
- Deciding a suitable valuation model
- Working on assumptions for the purpose of valuation.
- Preparing the valuation report
Skills required in a Financial Analyst
- Proper knowledge of accounting
- Great command of Excel
- The capability of making a forecast
- The capability of distilling huge data
- Problem-solving abilities
- The capability of linking different financial statements
2. Investment banking
It includes helping companies raise funds for their businesses.
Investment banking has emerged as an excellent job profile for students with an MBA in finance. This is because of the rapid increase in industrialization. Investment banking is considered a high-paying job. Many young people are getting into it.
- Acquiring funds to expand business
- Proper management of assets
- Managing financial leverages
- Keeping track of the market
- Advising on releasing IPO and FPO
Skills required in an Investment Banker
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to make decisions
- Cooperation and teamwork
- Ability to work under great pressure
- The capability of coping with stressful situations
- Soft skills like communication and other interpersonal skills
- Dedication and commitment
- Great enthusiasm
- Ability to travel extensively
3. Wealth and Portfolio management
It includes appropriately managing the wealth of clients.
There are countless people in this world who possess extremely attractive net worths. But the point is, they are not able to manage it properly. They do not practice proper financial planning. They are also unaware of risks and fail to manage them. This is the place where a Wealth Manager is required.
A Wealth manager focuses on the following aspects:
- Investment portfolios
- Planning of retirement funds
- Calculating taxes
- Financial planning
- Risk management
and so on.
The job of a wealth manager is one of the most prestigious and high-paying jobs. Students with an MBA in finance can easily opt for it.
- Deeply understanding the client’s financial objectives
- Making long and short-term plans
- Suggesting investment strategies
- Filling the gap between financial goals and investment
- Executing asset allocation
- Managing investments and portfolios for longer durations
Skills required in a Wealth and Portfolio Manager
- Highly efficient in data interpretation
- Command on financial understanding
- Excellent understanding of the economy and economics
- Strong knowledge of portfolio theory
- The ability to stay focused on clients
- Habitual of research and analysis
4. Merchant banking
It includes providing financial advice.
Merchant banking is a combination of banking services and consulting services. The role of a merchant banker is to provide financial consulting services to big organizations.
- Providing consultations for acquisitions and merging activities
- Issuing the letter of credit
- Providing consultations regarding trade
- Syndicating financial aspects across projects
All the individuals working as merchant bankers are subjected to offer the above-listed fee-based services.
5. Raising Funds and Doing Promotional Activities
Students with an MBA in finance can also select fundraising as a job. They may raise funds for their clients. Augmenting client shares and securities is a great way of raising funds. It will directly help in launching new projects. Global and national markets are also excellent options for raising funds.
Individuals can carry out promotional activities to promote their client’s businesses. Promotional activities play an important role in establishing a strong relationship with the client. They are very crucial for the client as well, especially during the initial stages of business. A promoter plays an important part in promotional activities. He is involved in every step, starting from generating the idea to getting approval from the government in the end.
An individual is free to work as a freelancer in this field. Moreover, the option of working with companies that provide the same service to their clients is also available.
As mentioned at the start of the blog, finance is an essential domain of business management. It is irrespective of the size of the business. Whether it be a small business or a large business, finance is a very important aspect of each one of them. Moreover, working in the field of finance requires experience as well as expertise. We all know that achieving the required educational qualifications is compulsory. However, having only a degree is not enough.
Any individual planning to work in the field of finance has to follow some rules and regulations. Appropriate expertise and required experience are a must for them. Thus, they should make sure that they possess all the required things before starting independent work.
Individuals may go for training and internships. Working with reputed firms will help in gaining knowledge and experience as well.
Do you want Training on Courses which can help in your career? Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91-9555115533.