What is Summer Camp? Well, the answer to this question is in its name itself. A summer camp is a supervised program which is conducted in summers, especially for the children and teenager. However, grown-ups can also attend the summer camp. The people who attend this camp are known as ‘Campers’.
The main objective of this camp is the cultural or educational development of the campers. However, if you have attended any summer camp you are not amazed to hear about the benefits and fun one gets.
Experiencing life as a child in a camp, you know the positives that still matter to you as an adult and in every case, you want your kids as well to experience the fun of attending summer camps.
During camp, children spend their day by being physically active at their best. It is an excellent opportunity to explore life and the fun hidden in it, in spite of wasting their summers at home doing nothing.
The camp is an action. It involves activities like swimming, hiking, jumping, running, climbing and many more.
Some benefits of attending a summer camps
1. Children are highly active.
2. They become much more confident.
3. Young people experience success via non-competitive activities.
4. It helps in building high self-esteem and morale in the absence of books. This is because they need fun apart from academics.
5. They try new things and understand that only after trying it for the second time improvement comes.
6. They grow more independent and learn to make their decisions for themselves in the absence of parents and teachers who guide their every move.
7. When kids take a break from technology like TV, internet and their cell phone, they realize that there is so much in life to do and they start discovering their creative powers and start entering into a real word with real people and real emotions.
8. Kids learn social skills like building strong communication, resolving problems or disagreements, start sharing things, they make true friends and the best they learn to be a better person in a group.
9. They try to connect with nature, observe its beauty and learn the importance of outdoor life.
10. A summer camp also supports the healthy development of a child. It not only makes their mind relaxed but also keeps them fit physically.
Therefore, take your children for a summer camp and tell them that when school is out, CAMP is in!